“We believe in teaching yoga from a place of love. We see potential in everyone who comes into the Yoga House, and believe that everyone needs to learn, move and absorb the prana (life force) that yoga provides at their own pace. Our students all have unique strengths and gifts and deserve to feel good, peaceful and nurtured. We believe in the power of creating a community that is safe for our family of students to show up, just as they are and shine.”
Our mission is to help you remember your true stance, and to feel just plain good. Our name; “Vera” is the Latin feminine expression for truth and “pose”, is a synonym for stance. Essentially, we help our yogis remember who they are.
We’re thrilled you’ve chosen to either begin or continue your yogic journey of well-being with us. To help you get oriented, we have included our Class, Event, and Workshop information, FAQ’s and policies as well as information on individual/group private lessons and Reiki sessions. We also offer Yoga Teacher Training twice a year as well as Reiki I and Reiki II Certifications.
What makes us unique?
Our mindset: we don’t believe yoga is a one size fits all experience. We emphasize an approach where you find what you need moment by moment; we believe everyone is beautifully unique and we concern ourselves with meeting you where you are. We welcome people of all ages, body types, fitness levels and we encourage/teach modifications throughout our classes. We don’t have levels to our classes although we will happily talk with you to figure out where you will feel most comfortable and which classes will best suit you. We specialize in helping yoga newbies get oriented and comfortable, and well-seasoned yogis deepen their practice.
What is yoga?
Yoga means so many things to so many people. Images of people in pretzel-like postures may come to mind, but to us yoga is so much more than just the postures. Yoga means union. It is the union of breath, of body awareness and of the consciousness of the mind. The physical form of yoga, or asana, was designed thousands of years ago as a way of settling the mind and calming the body in preparation for meditation. These days modern medicine and research is touting the profound and multitude of benefits of this ancient practice. To us, this practice is a beautiful way of unfolding tension held in the body and the mind and is a perfect elixir to a stressful lifestyle.
- Private Yoga Session in studio 1 hour – $65 ($75 in home private yoga session; pro-rated if interested in multiple sessions)
- Reiki Session 1 hour – $65 (see current list of sessions and prices in Lobby)
- Custom classes for small groups – whether it’s a milestone birthday celebration, a work gathering to reduce stress, an opportunity to have yoga with friends in your own house – we will come to you or set up a time to meet at the studio – $85/hr (plus travel costs, if outside the Dexter/Ann Arbor area)
- Crystal Singing Bowl Sound Journeys - 1st and 3rd Sunday mornings. See online for Signup and Schedule. The sound healing, is a sound meditation or sound bath, that begins with each person lying down in a comfortable position, often with a blanket and an eye mask. After a few minutes of guided focus on the breath, the remainder of the experience is filled with various sounds, tones, and frequencies being introduced in succession.
- Gong Paradise - 3rd Friday of each month. See online under Events tab for Signup and Schedule. Beautiful, hand-crafted and timeless, gongs for generations have offered a unique sound journey through their powerful yet subtle tones. The power of the gong in sound therapy is associated with many healing modalities. As we listen, it helps calm the mind and body, assists in the management of pain, and healing is promoted as we enter a more relaxed state of being.
- Events and Workshops - offered each month, including our regular monthly Friday Night $5 Yin class and other offerings based on the season, such as our Solstice and Equinox Practices. Click on the Events tab at www.veraposeyoga.com where you can learn more!
100% guarantee – if you are not satisfied for any reason, we will happily give you your money back. We hope to always exceed your expectations and strive to make you comfortable and happy with the care that you receive.
Our studio has a great variety of teachers, each having their own specialty. Every one of our yoga instructors and facilitators will help you with modifications if needed, so please feel free to let them know ahead of class so you can utilize your time to the fullest!
You can see a list of our classes by downloading the MINDBODY app. Here you can also save your spot and sign up ahead of time. We are so excited to walk with you on your yogic journey of well-being!