“When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds; your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be.” -Patanjali
Verapose Yoga is a Registered Yoga School with the Yoga Alliance. When you finish all of the requirements, you will receive a certificate of completion. After completion, you may go to the Yoga Alliance website to register and become a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200).
At Verapose, our Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) program is rooted in the belief that everyone is beautifully unique and capable of enjoying the deep and lasting benefits of a holistic yoga practice.
Join us for our 200 Hour YTT to empower your connection to your Self, and to learn how to guide others in enjoying the benefits of yoga. We will be offering an RYT-300 program for current RYT-200 yoga teachers, beginning in January 2020; please contact us for more details!
You will learn:
- A balanced approach to teaching all students
- An introduction to anatomy and physiology
- A deep understanding of the layers of an Asana practice
- The breath as the foundation of our yoga and meditation practice
- A daily exploration of yoga in our lives and lifestyle
- Explore the rich tradition of yoga from its origins.
Small class size; space is limited, to provide high quality instruction and support.
$3,000 paid in full before August 15, 2019. After August 15, tuition is $3200. Payment plan available.
Class Schedule - Fall 2019 - Jan 2020:
Sept 14, 2019 - Jan 12, 2020
Verapose Yoga and Meditation House
3173 Baker Road
Dexter, MI 48130
6 weekend intensive dates:
- Sept 14-15
- Oct 5-6
- Oct 26-27
- Nov 16-17
- Dec 7-8
- Jan 11-12
The weekend intensives run approximately 9-5:30pm Saturday and Sunday with an hour lunch break (lunch times may vary due to our schedule), along with a few brief breaks.
Please note some general rules of the Yoga Alliance:
- You need a total of 180 CONTACT HOURS to complete the program (You receive 20 hours for homeworks, and non-classroom activities)
- 65 Contact Hours include hours with a teacher that meets the minimum ERYT-200 level of experience.
- Public Practice classes outside of Verapose Yoga CANNOT BE COUNTED toward the 180 hours (with the program, unlimited yoga is included)
The 180 hours are counted by adding the following:
- Weekend Hours
- Apprentice Hours (Observing, Assisting, Student & Team teaching)
- Special Workshops or Presentations (Not Required)
For more information on the Yoga Alliance & Guidelines, please visit www.yogaalliance.org.
For more information or to apply for the program, please call Courtney at (734) 726-0086 or email Courtney@veraposeyoga.com.