“When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds; your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be.”
Verapose Yoga is a Registered Yoga Teacher Training School with the Yoga Alliance. Upon completion of the requirements, you may register with the Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200).
At Verapose, our Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) program is rooted in the belief that everyone is beautifully unique and capable of enjoying the deep and lasting benefits of a holistic yoga practice.
Join us for our 200 Hour YTT to empower your connection to your Self, and to learn how to guide others in enjoying the benefits of yoga.
You will learn:
- A balanced approach to teaching all students
- An introduction to anatomy and physiology
- A deep understanding of the layers of an Asana practice
- The breath as the foundation of our yoga and meditation practice
- A daily exploration of yoga in our lives and lifestyle
- An exploration of the rich tradition of yoga from its origins
Overall Learning Objectives:
- Philosophy: Learn and understand the foundational texts of Yoga, including the Yoga Sutras. Learn how to use these, as well as modern yogic writings to build your practice or teaching.
- Hatha Yoga: Yoga based on the breath, including Vinyasa, Restorative, Basic and Yin and how to make each style approachable.
- Asanas: Learn over 80 asanas, along with their benefits, modifications, variations, and ways of supporting all body types to try them. (and when to let them go!)
- Pranayama: Explore the basics of yogic breathing, as well as how to break down and teach a breath techniques for a variety of situations/conditions.
- Build and Develop: Your own personal yoga practice.
- Teaching: Learn to teach to a variety of populations – public classes or specialty groups, with clarity and confidence.
- Support: Understand the integration of props and supports to enhance the student experience.
- Comfort and inclusivity: Develop skills and comfort in teaching to all ages, body types and experience levels.
- Experience: Teaching and practicing with your instructors prior to teaching on your own, with clear feedback and support.
- Confidence: Time to get out of your comfort zone and try new things!
Small class size; space is limited, to provide high quality instruction and support.
$3,200 paid in full before August 2020. After August 15, tuition is $3,400. (3% fee if paying with credit card) Payment plan available.
*An unlimited yoga membership is included with the tuition and expires either 1 year after you begin or upon completion of the program.
Sept 2020 – Jan 2021 (students may begin well in advance of these dates to complete additional hours required)
Verapose Yoga and Meditation House
3173 Baker Road
Dexter, MI 48130
6 weekend intensive dates: TBD
The weekend intensives run approximately 9-5:30pm Saturday and Sunday with an hour lunch break (lunch times may vary due to our schedule), along with a few brief breaks.
Please note some general rules of the Yoga Alliance:
• You need a total of 180 CONTACT HOURS to complete the program (You receive 20 hours for homework, and non-classroom activities)
•65 Contact Hours include hours with a teacher that meets the minimum E-RYT-200 level of experience.
• Public Practice classes outside of Verapose Yoga CANNOT BE COUNTED toward the
180 hours (with the program, unlimited yoga is included)
The 180 hours are counted by adding the following:
1. Weekend Hours
2. Apprentice Hours (Observing, Assisting, Student & Team teaching)
3. Special Workshops or Presentations (Not Required)
For more information on the Yoga Alliance & Guidelines, please visit www.yogaalliance.org.
For more information or to apply for the program, please call Courtney at (734) 726-0086 or email Courtney@veraposeyoga.com.